life of a teacher just above the arctic circle...

Thursday, September 30, 2010

first grade mumblings...

if you think first graders are not adorable, I am here to convince you otherwise.
first grade quotes this year:

"Ms. Ray, I just want everyone to be the very best that they can be today."

"Ms. Ray, let me hold your hand so that you don't fall over..." (when i am limping from a bum knee)

"oooooohhhh! a tricky one! give me more tricky ones! tricky, tricky, tricky!"

student: "Ms. Ray, how do you spell love?"
me: "oh. that one is tough. see if you can sound it out."
student: "I'll use the word wall!"
me: (already moved on to next student....)
..five minutes later...
student: "Ms. Ray! I made you a note and a picture!"
me: "Oh! It is says 'I little you Ms. Ray"
 (hahaha. at least she knows to use the word wall..too bad love is not on our word wall!)

"I just don't think I can sound out dinosaur"

student: sitting quietly with hand raised and waiting patiently for me to call on him...(VERY out of character for this particular student!)
me: OH MY! I LOVE your quiet hand! Thank you so very much for raising your hand and quietly waiting for me to call on you!
student: I farted.

student: "MS RAY! I HAVE TO Onuk(sp?)"
me: "what?"
student: "I need to onuk"
me: "what is onuk?"
the entire class: HE HAS TO POOP!
(gotta love them knowing a different language than me)

there are also a few handfuls of just devastating quotes from here as well. things that break my heart every time i hear them uttered.

i guess i'll just "love. like. crazy." (thanks, karen, and eric church..or whoever wrote that song!)

No comments:

Post a Comment