life of a teacher just above the arctic circle...

Monday, March 28, 2011

1st Grade Mumblings (part 4)

As per request, the cute kiddos have recently proclaimed:

Student:"Ms. Ray, All day people tell me what to do...ALL DAY people are always telling me what to do."
Me: "How do you feel about that? You don't like that?"
Student: "They're just always telling me. All day."

While looking at a picture of apple pie in a book we were reading about apples...
Me: So, what kinds of things can we make out of apples after they grow and we pick them?"
Student: "PIZZA!...made of apples...? (very skeptical of their own response)

Student: "Who won the silver war?"
Me: "You mean, The Civil War?"
Student: "Yeah! Who won the silver war?"

In the middle of math...
Me: "Did you have a question?"
Student: "I smell play-doh. It stinks like play-doh in here."
(we don't have play-doh anywhere in the classroom)

Student: "Ms. Ray, yesterday I...wait. Not Yesterday. What was Yesterday?
Me: "Wednesday."
Student: "What come behind Wednesday?"
Me: "Tuesday."
Student: "Yes. On Tuesday, my cat ate a spider."
Me: "Ew. Gross."
Student: "No."
Me: "What is your cat's name?"
Student: "His name is: 'I don't know what to name him.'"

Me: "Today Ms. Ray and Mrs. Douglas are having the grand opening of our store. You can get this sports car for only 98 cents. This snow machine is only 20 cents..."
Student (interrupting): "I want the Wii! How much is the..."
Student 2 (interrupting student): "Ms. Ray, I am going to buy you. How much are you?"

While walking to music.
Student: "Ms. Ray. Do I look pretty?"
Me: "You look beautiful."
Student: "You too. But I just really need to fix this. (tugs on my shirt in lots of angles, then puts it right back how it was) Now you look pretty too."

Turned in Book Report...
Book Title: The Little Book About God
What was the book about?:
FOR GOD IS SO SO SO GOOD.

Me: "When I say the magic word, please find your desk" (the current magic word being Spring).
......"Cring,...Bling,....Bring...." (the class laughing and enjoying the jokes....)
Student: (not enjoying the joke). "Ms. Ray, you keep wasting my time."

"Ms. Ray if it is raining outside that means God is crying. But if it is snowing outside, that means God is barfing."

Writing Homework:

"When I grow up I want to be a Doctor because I want to help people so they could feel good to go to school every day that's why I want to be a nice good Doctor."

1 comment:

  1. Favorites:

    I am going to buy you. How much are you.

    I just really need to fix this

    You keep wasting my time.


    LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete