life of a teacher just above the arctic circle...

Sunday, August 15, 2010

OH BOY!

I can't believe I have only been here something like eight days. It feels like a month already....on a side note to those back home: I am sorry I have not been in much contact thus far. I really do intend on calling you. I have been at school for like 12 hours every day this week (including this weekend!) and just have not been able to call afterward cause the time difference...but I really do intend on calling everyone as soon as things settle down...


Speaking of settling down? When will that be!?! Tomorrow is the first day of my teaching career...as far as actual teaching goes. I am a bit nervous..and feel slightly unprepared...well, really unprepared. My classroom so far looks like it is mostly put together..kinda. But my brain. that is not put together in the least. My lesson plans exist. in some form...but like that will follow through. It will be an interesting day. But one to remember I am certain...Thank goodness for my co-workers though. Everyone is so kind and helpful and fun. Without them I would not have made it this long. They are all always helping me and working with me and inviting me to the events and such. I am so very thankful for them..

The same goes for everyone in the community here. I don't know that I have ever felt this welcomed. It started right off the plane last saturday with the big dinner of Pike. Then on Sunday the berry picking. Then Monday night, for my 22 birthday (WOAH!) a couple teachers made me ice cream cake and we celebrated. Then on Thursday I was invited to a dinner (I unfortunately could not attend due to work), and Friday we had game night at our house with members of the Baptist church. Then Saturday we had a BBQ after work at a 2nd grade teachers house. Then tonight my roommates made a big dinner and the neighbors came over..for a town with little for entertainment there certainly is a lot to do. But I enjoy it. And I enjoy them.

SO. On to tomorrow!! I hope it goes well. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment